It suggests that Protestant anti-Catholic tendencies are what have resulted in the current attempt by secularists in America to wipe Christmas from the calendar. They were the first to attack Christmas; the anti-Christians are just finishing what they started. He has another article on that particular topic here – How the Christians Stole Christmas.
Similarly, the Da Vinci Code book/movie by Dan Brown is, in fact, a form of Protestant view of Christian history. This is the main focus of this post.
Under the following subjects, Steve Kellmeyer compares the Da Vinci Code’s revision of history with the Protestant … revision of history.
- “The Roman Emperor Constantine invented the Catholic Church in order to crush True Believers!”
- “The failure to find True Believers in ancient history is due to the fact that the winners write history.”
- (Catholics) change(d) the Bible
- “Peter isn’t the true head of the Church!
(Protestants: Paul was. Dan Brown: Mary Magdalene was.)
- “Jesus was not celibate.”
The Da Vinci Code, it seems, has very little to do with Gnosticism. Steve Kellmeyer has another fascinating article on this topic in an article on the Gospel of Judas (which IS a Gnostic text.)
Is this where Protestantism, at least some of it, is heading?